Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fulcanelli path

+6
Pink Panther
Salazius
carabric
Green Lion
solomon levi
Galeidoscope
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fulcanelli path Empty Fulcanelli path

Post  Galeidoscope Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:59 am

Those who have advanced sufficiently far are well aware that Canseliet failed to comprehend the work of his proclaimed master Fulcanellil. At least they worked very differently. We know from the correspondence between Gifreda and Canseliet, that the latter from the beginning worked on G but later (about the time after second world war) suddenly changed his approach and instead started to work upon S. Is it not strange because Canseliet told us that Fulcanelli indeed had confirmed the true identity of the materia prima back in 1920. Thus G and not S. The reason for this change IMO is related to the extreme difficulty in obtaining a friable and starry regulus of G. However this is exactly what Pierre Dujols describes in his Chrysopée, however he does not give any particular instructions, besides the consideration of some external influences, in order to have this rare matter and the common mercury / universal solvent of Fulcanelli.

- Anyone who have attained a friable regulus of G? Feel free to respond in English or French.

GALEIDOSCOPE

Galeidoscope
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Fulcanelli path Empty regulus

Post  solomon levi Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi. I haven't worked with the Reguluses yet, but probably will do some things with antimony this year and next.
I'm not sure what your G is, but i have a guess. But what I understand of Fulcanelli appears to be the same
as Newton and Starkey, which we now have easy access to their lab notes from Newman, Principe, Betty Jo Dobbs...
PON has also given a pretty detailed account of this work.
So I guess I was wondering if you concur with those or if you're speaking of something else with G and S?
As I understand it, Stibnite is the Prima Materia.

We know Stibnite + Mars creates a starry regulus.
Then Newton added Venus to get the net which Fulcanelli mentions.
Then Diana is needed to amalgamate with Mercury...

These are all related by Fulcanelli in the Dwelling of the Philosophers.
I guess you know something I don't.

solomon levi
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Fulcanelli path Empty Re: Fulcanelli path

Post  Green Lion Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:20 pm

Here, I think Galeidoscope spoke of the Stibnit (S) and the Galena (G).
As it refers to the pseudo Dujols book that speaks of Galena (Chrysopée), I think Galeidoscope refers to work on the regulus of Galena with niter.

But who tells us that this is stibnit or galena which is the prima materia?
And if it sought another G? If you put a link with the M of Magnesia?

Last edited by Green Lion on Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Green Lion
Green Lion
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Galeidoscope Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:24 pm

In his Dwellings of the philosophers Fulcanelli openly rejected Stibnite as being the true materia prima... The amalgam work you mention is very familiar to me, however one could still question if this is the true interpretation of Philalethes, certainly Fulcanelli worked in a completely different manner. Take for example the "doves of diana endowed in the arms of Venus and which none but a true philosopher ever saw" - is it really as simple as 2 parts of silver in order to form an alloy of antimony in order to realize the amalgam of common quicksilver? An idea which some people extracted from Alexander von Suchten which suggests this work (although not in context to the preparation of the ph stone.). Likewise "the steel of the sages", just common iron fillings? There are much more than meets the eye in these books I can promise you. I don't know if the books by Newman and Dobbs has done more good than bad, if people limit their view of WHAT IS POSSIBLE to the opinion of those people, I am afraid alchemy will remain a forgotten science forever. Let me take another example: Robert Boyle knew intimately Starkey for many many years and spoke with him from time to time almost everyday, also made joint experiments (ens veneris for example), at the same time Boyle pounded over and over again about the true identity of Philalethes. It does not make sense that Starkey were Philalethes.

It's good to work with antimony to become familiar with the practise but as our dear Basilius affirmed more than 400 years ago:

Many highly esteem the Signate Star of Antimony, and very many have endeavoured to prepare it, sparing no labour to attain the same. Which some have acquired with good success, others have lost all their labour and Cost, Many have assumed an Opinion, that this Star is the true Matter, whence the Stone of Philosophers may be made, induced hereunto, by this thought or Imagination, viz. because Nature herself hath signed it into a Star, therefore they could not choose but esteem of it, and by these Cogitations were led into the Way of Error, But I sincerely denounce, that it is nothing so. For these kind of Searchers erre from the Kings high-way, and kill themselves in clambering up Rocks and Cliffs, in which wild Goats inhabit, and Birds of Prey build their nests. It is not given to this Star to contain in itself so great Potency, or from itself to form so precious a Stone. Yet I affirm, that in it lies absconded a famous Medicine, which may be made of it. The Star is thus made.

GALEIDOSCOPE

Galeidoscope
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  Galeidoscope Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:30 pm

Green Lion wrote:Here, I think Galeidoscope spoke of the Stibnit (S) and the Galena (G).
As it refers to the pseudo Dujols book that speaks of Galena (Chrysopée), I think it refers to work on the regulus of Galena with niter.

But who tells us that this is stibnit or galena which is the prima materia?
And if it sought another G? If you put a link with the M of Magnesia?

Believe me, I have speculated very much upon the meaning of G in Fulcanelli but the solution is as simple as it may appear, although this has not been discovered by all people; because most take it for granted that the books of Canseliet are a short cut to the latter and thus works upon Stibnite (although Canseliet suggested a red paramagnetic matter which had undergone assation per se).

GALEIDOSCOPE

Galeidoscope
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Lion Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:38 pm

Sorry, but I am not convinced.
We must not be content with excerpts from Fulcanelli to understand, but that our interpretation match throughout the text whatever the passage of the book.
Because it makes a lot of time that you are studying Fulcanelli, explain to me this passages of Fulcanelli in the light of Galena :

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Désolé, mais je ne suis pas convaincu.
Il ne faut pas se contenter d'extraits de Fulcanelli pour le comprendre, mais que notre interprétation colle à l'ensemble du texte quel que soit le passage du livre.
Vu que cela fait beaucoup de temps que vous étudiez Fulcanelli, expliquez moi ces passages de Fulcanelli à la lumière de la Galène :

DP II, page 251 « L’ouverture du premier livre prépare celle du second. Car il y a, cachés sous le même emblème, deux livres fermés et deux livres ouverts, bien que ces livres hiéroglyphiques n’en fassent réellement qu’un seul, puisque le métal provient de la matière initiale et que le soufre prend son origine du mercure. »

MDC, page 178 « Chacun connaît le blason et la devise de ce haut personnage : trois cœurs formant le centre de cette légende, présentée comme un rébus, A vaillans cuers riens impossible. Fière maxime, débordante d’énergie, qui prend, si nous l’étudions selon les règles cabalistiques, une signification assez singulière. En effet, lisons cuer avec l’orthographe de l’époque, et nous obtiendrons à la fois : 1° l’énoncé de l’Esprit universel (rayon de lumière) ; 2° le nom vulgaire de la matière basique ouvrée (le fer) ; 3° les trois réitérations indispensables à la perfection totale des deux Magistères (les trois cuers). Notre conviction est donc que Jacques Cœur a pratiqué lui-même l’alchimie, ou du moins qu’il a vu élaborer sous ses yeux la pierre au blanc par le fer « essencifié » et trois fois cuit. »
Green Lion
Green Lion
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  Galeidoscope Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:47 pm

I agree that one must not necessarely limit the research to the books of Fulcanelli, that's for sure, but if you would like to work according to his directions the subjetc of the sages is G and that is for sure. Of course one may find hundreds of obscure minerals with the initial letter G but this is IMO too sophisticated. In the books by Fulcanelli there are numerous indications to this mineral, too many to mention. Gal, Gallia, Gallus... Stains the hands black and coated with an arsenical sulphur...

The passage you quote relates to the opening of this mineral which constitute the preparation of the universal solvent / pierre astral, the second closed book is the preparation / extraction of the sulphur with the help of this agent.

GALEIDOSCOPE

Galeidoscope
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Lion Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:58 pm

Yes, I agree with you about simplicity.
But Galena is for me a solution still too simple.

What do you think about this passage?
« la majuscule M sert à identifier notre Magnésie dont elle est, d’ailleurs, la lettre initiale. »

It's not just the Galena who sticks to descriptions of all authors about the materia prima ...

Moreover, astral stone obtained by the work on the Galena is not a real astral stone but just a niter with a metal sulphur...
Is it green? Does it appeared only on condition that the work is done in darkness?
Does it drawed moisture to become a golden water?
Does it dissolved all metals?
Green Lion
Green Lion
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  Galeidoscope Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:12 pm

In this context the letter M signifes the "spirit of magnesia" viz. the universal solvent. That's all. The initial letter of the vulgar name of the mineral subject of the sages is G (according to Fulcanelli). If you have worked with G you know perhaps that, during certain conditions, it emits a curious green scoria (compare with Agricola who speaks about a green underwear under the grey helmet) which never occurs if you work with S. Which brings us back to a short notice in the first preface of Le Myst viz. that the key to the major arcanum simply consists in the appearing of a certain color... Green of course.

However, the big challenge is to obtain a friable regulus of G and thus I asked if anyone had attained it... Like Dujols describes.

GALEIDOSCOPE

Galeidoscope
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Lion Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:17 pm

In this context the letter M signifes the "spirit of magnesia" viz. the universal solvent. That's all.
No, that is not all.
The "spirit of magnesia" is the IM, not just the M...
. Ainsi élevé d’un degré, ce mercure devenu fixe par l’accoutumance au feu, a de nouveau besoin d’être dissous par l’eau première, cachée ici sous le signe I, suivi de la lettre M, c’est-à-dire Esprit de la Magnésie, autre nom du dissolvant.

Moreover, there is also the green vitriol with Stibnit.
It has the amber color when hot and is green when cold.
And there are not the only matters which give this result.

And so, what is the proof that Dujols was really the author of the Chrysopée ?
Green Lion
Green Lion
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  Galeidoscope Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:26 pm

Green Lion wrote:
In this context the letter M signifes the "spirit of magnesia" viz. the universal solvent. That's all.
No, that is not all.
The "spirit of magnesia" is the IM, not just the M...

So what is your suggestion?

. Ainsi élevé d’un degré, ce mercure devenu fixe par l’accoutumance au feu, a de nouveau besoin d’être dissous par l’eau première, cachée ici sous le signe I, suivi de la lettre M, c’est-à-dire Esprit de la Magnésie, autre nom du dissolvant.

Moreover, there is also the green vitriol with Stibnit.
It has the amber color when hot and is green when cold.
And there are not the only matters which give this result.

Yes obtained during the repeated purifications of the regulus. I agree that there are many substances that may become green but not the way Fulcanelli described the green vitriol and feu secret.

And so, what is the proof that Dujols was really the author of the Chrysopée ?

Well, why doubt it? In his comment upon mutus liber he rejected S and hinted at the oak tree and the SELAGE of the druids, curiously almost a perfect anagram for G One of my friends has seen the original of Chrysopée, along with some other private manuscripts by the same hand of Dujols.

Galeidoscope
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Lion Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:34 pm

First there are the stylistic characteristics of the text without being absolutely bad, is not really the height of a Dujols or a Fulcanelli.
The Chrysopée is not a lab book as claimed because the author speaks to the reader.
Then there are passages pasting of Fulcanelli.
There are anachronisms as the history of sunglasses to wear to work at the lab.

In fact, have you have supported all your weight on the lid of the cup as indicated Dujols?

Anyway, I though I will not convinced you ...

PS : A perfect anagram ? SELAGE > GALENA... Not for me.
Green Lion
Green Lion
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  Galeidoscope Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:44 pm

Green Lion wrote:First there are the stylistic characteristics of the text without being absolutely bad, is not really the height of a Dujols or a Fulcanelli.
The Chrysopée is not a lab book as claimed because the author speaks to the reader.

The text is written as a clavis and obviously not intended to have been made public.

Then there are passages pasting of Fulcanelli.

Yes and this makes it even more interesting.

There are anachronisms as the history of sunglasses to wear to work at the lab.

Such glasses were well known in 1920 and used in the industry.

In fact, have you have supported all your weight on the lid of the cup as indicated Dujols?

No I used a 5 kilogram iron weight instead "the shield" indicated by Fulcanelli in chapter of Dampierre (no one will attain it without combat), much safer, however the violence of the operation is crazy. Thus the danger which Fulcanelli points out. However there are also some other tricks necessary to know in order to perform this operation and penetrate into the sanctuary to say the least.

Anyway, I though I will not convinced you ...
[i]

You did not say anything about the I M and how it is connected with G? Be not envieux ;-)

GALEIDOSCOPE

Galeidoscope
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  Galeidoscope Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:48 pm

PS : A perfect anagram ? SELAGE > GALENA... Not for me.[/quote]

Excuse me but in French it's not Galena, it's GALÈNE and you should now that! :-)

Galeidoscope
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Lion Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:48 pm

I was the spirit, the astral of astral stone.
M is the Magnesia, but it is also the initial of one of the names of the matter.
G is also the initial of another name of the matter.
This is a family of minerals, not just one...

Excuse me but in French it's not Galena, it's GALÈNE and you should now that! :-)
Yes, Galène, not Galèse...
Green Lion
Green Lion
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  Galeidoscope Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:52 pm

Green Lion wrote:I was the spirit, the astral of astral stone.
M is the Magnesia, but it is also the initial of one of the names of the matter.
G is also the initial of another name of the matter.
This is a family of minerals, not just one...

Marcasites -- Galmei?

Yes, Galène, not Galèse...

Yes and therefore I wrote "almost a perfect anagram", one single letter differs!

Galeidoscope
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Lion Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:53 pm

The beautiful case ...
We are almost or in the rigorous research?

To see a friable regulus of G, you could try to mix ganela with tartar for the separation. You should not use niter at this step.
Then you should use just niter to purify the regulus.
Green Lion
Green Lion
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  carabric Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:33 am

With the amount of knowledge you two appear to have regarding Fulcanelli- you might benefit more by studying the phonetic cabala, which I personally feel, is where all innuendo ceases regarding the matter. He would not have placed so much effort and intent on it if it did not have it's merit.
carabric
carabric
Terrae
Terrae

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Lion Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:28 am

All the cabala which is usefull in Alchemy is explained in "Clef des oeuvres de saint jean et de michel de nostredame" by M.A. de Nantes.
All the Greek Myths are explained with alchemy by using etymology, signification of greek terms etc.
This is the must.
It is not necessary to look after Grasset d'Orcet.
And in reading this book of M.A. de Nantes, we can see that Fulcanelli was not the most clear in this domain...
Green Lion
Green Lion
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  Galeidoscope Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:22 am

I have read the book and it's OK, however Fulcanelli is much more revealing and I strongly doubt that the author of the Nostradamus was an adept.

Regarding the phonetic cabala it's nothing else than a pedagogic viz. to teach secrets to those who takes the trouble to dechiffer it's meaning in context with the authors intension; in this case Fulcanelli. However I do not believe that even Fulcanelli himself truly had faith in all these play with words, which were moreover not at all used by the majority of alchemists, at least not to the point that Fulcanelli pretends. It's a way to describe secrets by using allussion and metaphors. Nothing else. Then if people still does not grasp that all such allusions as Gall, Gallia, Gallus, gale (cat in Greek), Astragalus etc. pertain to the mineral G, well it's a pity for them.

Good luck with all your endavours.

GALEIDOSCOPE

Galeidoscope
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Lion Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:59 am

Good luck with Galena.
I really want you to succeed.
Green Lion
Green Lion
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  Galeidoscope Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:47 pm

Thank you. I wish you the same, we all have our darlings and it's up to each person to become wise upon his or her own beliefs.

GALEIDOSCOPE

Galeidoscope
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  carabric Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:04 pm

Very well, I wish you both the best of luck.
carabric
carabric
Terrae
Terrae

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Salazius Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:46 am

Hello,

S or G are good choices for the Art. These two matters have both their values, energies etc.
Before reading Pierre Dujols, I didn't know that G could be used, and I must say that hermetically it is interesting.
Just a little meditation is needed to see why.

My best to you,
Salazius.
Salazius
Salazius
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Fulcanelli path Empty stibnite

Post  solomon levi Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:44 pm

"In his Dwellings of the philosophers Fulcanelli openly rejected Stibnite as being the true materia prima... "

Actually, he rejects antimony, not stibnite. I think that was a false blind. Antimony is not the material, stibnite is.
And you know when they speak openly they conceal.

But I beg your pardon. You asked for someone who worked with G, and I have not.

solomon levi
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next